Terms of service
Only the French version has a legal value and the translated text is only indicative.
The following is hereby stated:
1. The non-profit association CLL – Centre de Langues, with registered offices at 1348 Louvain-La-Neuve, Place de l’Université, 25, registered with the ECB under number 0431.176.282, is a renowned language learning centre, which since its creation in 1984 has offered a communicative, oral and interactive approach to language teaching, based on the needs of its clients.
2. CLL has developed a department specialising in distance classroom training, called Visiagora.
3. For the purposes of these Terms of Service, the following terms will be defined as follows:
3.1. CLL: CLL Language Centres asbl
3.2. Visiagora: Visiagora by CLL
3.3. We: Visiagora
3.4 The client: the Visiagora user
1°a. These general sales conditions cover all relations between Visiagora and its clients, except where a specific exemption has been made and accepted in writing by Visiagora. Simply by placing an order, the client adheres to these general sales conditions, surrendering general and specific conditions included in his own purchase orders, in his letters or on his sales documents, even if these were drawn up by hand prior to or after our documents were drawn up.
1°b. The word “class” used in these conditions represents a training unit on a given date for a given number of hours (eg. a class of 30 minutes organized on 29 February from 09.00 to 09.30). The word “session” used in these conditions means a complete program of classes (a session of ten 30-minute-class, a session of twenty 30-minute-class or a session of one 60-mn-conversation table). The term “force majeure” is understood to mean any insurmountable and unforeseeable circumstance, independent of the will of whoever invokes it and of which the consequences could not have been avoided in spite of any diligence applied, such as strikes, teachers falling ill or climatic events.
2° Visiagora brochures/internet products have been drawn up in good faith according to the data available while they were being produced. The client will be advised of any possible errors or amendments in the form of an erratum or notice of change. In some circumstances, Visiagora may be forced to temporarily or definitively remove a given class formula, but will still be able to offer the client an alternative.
4° Visiagora may charge to the client’s account any costs that result from amendments made by the latter to their initial reservation.
5° By registration we mean creating a Visiagora user account and booking a class. Upon registration, the client is definitively and irrevocably committed to Visiagora, independently of any deposit payment being made and subject to articles 8°, 9° and 10° hereafter.
6° Registration for a session may be made online, by telephone, e-mail or through Visiagora offices. On receipt of registration, the client will receive by return a confirmation of their registration and payment by email.
7° The client may register by accessing the Visiagora website (www.visiagora.com). In this case, by confirming their reservation, the client undertakes irrevocably to follow the session, subject to the cancellation option provided in article 8.
8° Except in case of force majeure, the fee for a class cancelled without 24-hour notice or failure to show is 100% of the class price.
9°. If the session was purchased on the Visiagora website, the client is entitled to notify Visiagora that he is giving up the purchase, without penalties and without giving a reason, within 14 calendar days starting from the day after the purchase. This notification is only done by registered letter with recorded delivery sent to the address shown in article 17°d. In this case, if a payment has been made, it will be refunded in full. This right to withdraw can no longer be invoked if the session that was ordered has started, even if the 14-day grace period is still running.
10° Prices given on the Visiagora website and/or in brochure are inclusive of all taxes.
11° Fees are payable on registration. Visiagora reserves the right to refuse access to the class for any person who has not paid the balance of his fees, without prejudice to Visiagora for claiming payment of the full amount of fees.
12° Visiagora invoices are payable on receipt. Any sum remaining unpaid on its due date will be increased, by law and without prior notice, by interest on arrears at a rate of 1% per month, together with a fixed penalty of 10% with a minimum charge of €40.
13° Except in a case of duly proven force majeure, anyone who abandons a session will still be liable for payment of full fees related to that session.
14° In cases where public authorities are involved in paying fees, in particular by means of training vouchers, language vouchers and entrepreneur portfolio (KMO portfolio in the Flemish region), this must be specified at time of registration and must be done according to the rules in force. The client must bring proof of the participation before the start of the training and remains liable for payment of the full registration fees should this participation fail to be granted. This participation cannot be used for classes that are subject to promotional offers.
Participation in classes
15° The equipment (platform and virtual classroom) made available to participants in the context of their classes must be used responsibly. Any misuse is the responsibility of the participant.
16° Visiagora reserves the right to prevent a person from accessing a class where his behaviour prevents other group members, or other Visiagora clients from following their class in a normal manner. Any exclusion for disciplinary reasons will be made without refund or compensation.
17° The client is accountable for any damage caused to Visiagora, to its staff and/or its representatives by his misconduct or following a breach of his contractual obligations. Misconduct is considered in reference to the normal behaviour of a person taking part in the training.
18°a. Before the session starts: If the client has a complaint before the session starts, he must advise Visiagora of it quickly by registered letter with recorded delivery, to the address shown in point d. of this article.
18°b. During the session: Complaints occurring during the contract period must be made as quickly as possible so that a solution may be sought. For this purpose, the client will address firstname.lastname@example.org. The complaint must be made in writing and at least include the solid elements on which it is based.
18°c. After training: Complaints that are impossible to make during training, or which have not been satisfactorily resolved during training, must be made no later than one week after the end of the session to Visiagora, by registered letter with recorded delivery. Any complaint made after this period and/or in a different format will be inadmissible.
18°d Complaints can be addressed by registered letter with recorded delivery to:
CLL asbl – Visiagora Place de l’Université 25 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve Belgium
19° The client’s personally identifiable information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Directive 95/46/EC. Some data taken from the registration form can be transferred to outside parties, including website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential and are GDPR compliant. Visiagora is not acting in the capacity of data controller in terms of the GDPR and does not have the associated responsibilities under the GDPR. Visiagora should be considered only as a processor on behalf of its clients and users are to any client data containing personal data that is subject to the requirements of the GDPR.
20°The client may have his personal data sent to him by Visiagora by sending an e-mail containing his client number to the address email@example.com. He may have incorrect data corrected and/or withdrawn from these data on file.
22° Except where the client has made a declaration to the contrary, in writing to Visiagora, before the start of his training, testimonials, films or photos concerning him, mentioning him or presenting him in the context of his training, may be used for promotional purposes, regardless of the form or medium such actions may take.
23° These general sales conditions are subject to Belgian law. In case of any dispute, only the magistrate of the 2nd canton of Wavre and the courts of the judicial area of Nivelles are deemed competent and the French language will be used.
Information about this site
This site is managed by:
CLL - Centre de Langues,
a Non-Profit Organisation
1348 Louvain-La-Neuve, Place de l’Université, 25,
Registered under the Belgian Central Bank under the number 0431.176.282
VAT Number: BE 0431 176 282
Phone: +32 (0)10 45 10 44
Fax : +32 (0)10 68 82 98
This website is maintained by the webmaster, who is responsible for the management and hosting of the page.
This site was designed by:
31 rue de Saurupt, 54000 NANCY
Phone: +33 (0)7 66 05 29 39
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Represented by Mr Philippe ANSELME and Ms Laura JACCUZI,
Member of the CAE Capentreprendre, SCOP ARL.
Registered at the RCS of Sarreguemines under the number 477 844 047,
SIRET 477 844 047 00019,
VAT Number: FR 96 477 844 047
It is hereby stated:
1.1. CLL Language Centres asbl
1.2. Visiagora: Visiagora by CLL
1.3. PII: Personally Identifiable Information
1.4. Us: Visiagora by CLL
1.5. Our/this website: website www.visiagora.com
1) PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
What PII do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, native language, language you want to learn, reason for learning a language, level or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use Live Chat, open a support ticket, enter information on our site, provide us with feedback on our products or services, link your social network profile, participate to contests or promotions.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
– to personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
– to improve our website in order to better serve you;
– to allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
– to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site features;
– to quickly process your transactions;
– to ask for ratings and reviews of services or products;
– to follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
How do we protect your information?
We guarantee that we are maintaining an extremely high level of security on our networks:
– our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible;
– we use services to scan for Malware;
– the security of your PII is important to us. All of your PII is stored on secure networks and is accessible only to administrators who have access rights to those systems and who are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you provide is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, both during transmission and once we receive it;
– Visiagora and/or CLL employees who need specific PII-related information to perform their task (e.g. billing or customer service) have limited access to this information only. The computers and servers on which this information is stored are stored in a secure environment;
– we implement a variety of security measures when a user: places an order; enters, submits, or accesses their information, to maintain the safety of your personal information;
– all transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. If you ever discover a fraudulent charge from Visiagora on your billing statement, please contact us and report it immediately to your credit card provider, in accordance with their standard procedures;
– However, despite our stringent security procedures and practices, and as is the case for all computer networks connected to the Internet, we can not be held responsible for security breaches resulting from cyber attacks.
– Visiagora makes use of forums, bulletin board and chat rooms. Please remember that any information you disclose in these areas become public. Always be cautious about the amount of personal information you give to anyone in this context.
How to access, correct, amend or delete your PII?
– You can, at any time, ask Visiagora to give you access to the data it holds about you. If these data are inaccurate or incomplete, you can correct, amend or delete them by emailing us or by logging in to your account.
– You may change your profile at any time by updating your account. Your changes will be updated immediately.
– You may delete or deactivate your profile at any time by contacting our Privacy Service team: email@example.com.
– If you wish to request the removal of an unauthorized profile you may contact our Privacy Service team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– If you contacted us by email, we will respond to your request to access your personal information within 30 days.
– We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Protection of children’s information
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. This website is a general audience site and not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13, nor do we send them requests for personal information, unless the child’s parent or legal guardian granted permission.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website use referral programs, sponsors links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer.
– help remember and process the items in the shopping cart;
– understand and save user’s preferences for future visits;
– keep track of advertisements;
– compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We maye also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
Can users be warned when a cookie is being sent? Can users disable cookies in their browser?
Do we use log files?
As is the case with most websites, we automatically collect certain information and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses (Internet Protocol), browser type and language, Internet Service Provider (ISP), reference and output pages, operating system, and, timestamp and data from navigating the Internet. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, administer our website, know user behavior, and collect demographic information about our users.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It is also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Our website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about the products and services we provide. Users can register through an automated online process if they wish, but at their discretion. Some subscriptions may be processed manually by prior written agreement with the user. In accordance with applicable privacy and electronic communications laws, subscribers have the option to unsubscribe at any time via an automated system. This process is detailed at the foot of each emailing campaign. If an automated unsubscribe system is not available, clear instructions on how to unsubscribe are detailed.
4) THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE AND LINKS
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
5) SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owner participate on are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by phone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
6) GOOGLE ADVERTISING
We have implemented the following:
– remarketing with Google AdSense;
– Google Analytics;
– Google Display Network Impression Reporting;
– Demographic and Interest Reporting;
– DoubleClick Platform Integration.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website. Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google Analytics to track and analyze the pages of the services you visit. We do this only to better understand how you use our website and the other services, with a view to offering improvements for all Visiagora users and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly, both generally and specifically to you. Google Analytics cookies do not provide us with any Personal information.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out of such display advertising at any time by visiting your Google Ads Settings page or by installing and running the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
7) QUIZZES, CONTESTS AND DISCOUNTS
We may provide you the opportunity to participate in quizzes, contests or get discounts on our site. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these quizzes, contest and discounts is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information usually includes contact information (first name, last name, email address, city, country…).
8) EXTERNAL LINKS
9) GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
Your PII are kept private and securely stored until they are no longer needed as specified in Directive 95/46/EC of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This process is the responsibility of our technical partner Learncube (Learncube / Edspace, Floor 1, Centro 3, 19 Mandela Street, Camden Town, London, NW1 0DU, United Kingdom), which is committed to acting as data controller in terms of GDPR. We do not have the associated responsibilities under the GDPR.
10) CONTACT INFORMATION
Email : email@example.com
Phone : +32 (0)10 47 06 04
Addresse : CLL/Visiagora – Place de l’Université 25/3 – 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve – Belgium.